Today I’ll discuss some revisions I’m considering for Primordia as I begin preparations for my first campaign in the setting. I’ll also answer a few remaining listener questions about the setting. This is a great example of how worldbuilding is a process that never truly ends. Never be afraid to make necessary revisions to your setting, even when you already have campaigns up and running.
Call the Game Master's Journey voice mail: 951-GMJ-LEX1 (951-465-5391)
Weigh in on Future Show Topics!
Gaming In Between Sessions
Recommended Previous Worldbuilding Episodes:
- Worldbuilding 5: Back to the Drawing Board
- Worldbuilding 6: Welcome to Primordia
- Worldbuilding 8: Building My First City Elandria
- Worldbuilding 10: Hades, He Who Laughs Last
- Worldbuilding 11: Fitting Ideas Together & Exploring the Consequences
- Worldbuilding 12: Portals of Primordia
- Worldbuilding 13: Making Clerics Awesome in Your World
- Worldbuilding 14: Merchants, Nobles, Economies, Religion & More
- Worldbuilding 15: Balances of Power in Elandria
- Worldbuilding 16: Guild Dues & Perks
- Worldbuilding 17: Diversity of Religions in Primordia
- Worldbuilding 18: Exploring Your World's History for Variant Campaign Settings
- GMJ 118: The Old Magic of Primordia
- GMJ 119: The Expansion of Elandria
- GMJ 120: The Expansion of Elandria Feedback
- GMJ 127: Adventuring in the Wilds of Primordia
- GMJ 128: Primordia Q&A
While I’m making these revisions to my setting, I’m trying to avoid creating any of the deus ex machina messes we see in the Realms.
I also discuss my new Storm King’s Thunder campaign, and I talk about some of what I like and don’t like about running adventures in the Forgotten Realms in fifth edition. I talk about the decision to run in a homebrew setting versus a published setting. I also talk about walking the middle road between your own setting and a published setting.
The Event & The Retreat
PC Race Options
Joining the Guild of Adventurers
Gifts of Primordia
Strongholds & Followers
Listener Questions about Primordia
Deities and demigods in Primordia other than The Nine
Mary Sue NPCs in campaign settings
How much of the world of Primordia have I actually developed?
Druids & Rangers of Primordia
Exotic mounts and Elandria